Southern Downs Visitor Information
Visitor Information: Southern Downs, Queensland, Australia
The Southern Downs region is located in the southwest part of Queensland, Australia. The region is known for its stunning landscapes, picturesque towns, wineries, and outdoor activities.
Things to Do
- Explore the vineyards and wineries in the region, such as the Ballandean Estate Wines and the Symphony Hill Wines.
- Go on a scenic drive through the region, including the Granite Belt Drive and the Great Dividing Range Drive.
- Discover national parks and nature reserves, such as the Girraween National Park and the Main Range National Park, with hiking trails and stunning views.
- Visit the Stanthorpe Heritage Museum to learn about the local history and culture.
- Try local produce and cuisine at farmers markets and restaurants, such as the Warwick Farmers' Market and the Bluebird Kitchen & Smokehouse.
- Take part in outdoor activities, such as fishing, kayaking, camping, and horse riding.
- Attend local events and festivals, including the Apple & Grape Harvest Festival and the Warwick Rodeo.
The Southern Downs region is located about two hours from Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland. Visitors can travel by car or by bus, with services available from Brisbane and other major cities. The nearest airport is the Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport, with daily flights from Sydney and Melbourne.
The Southern Downs region offers a range of accommodation options, including guesthouses, bed and breakfasts, motels, hotels, and self-contained apartments. Some popular options include the Abbey of the Roses, the Vines Motel & Cottages, and the McNevins Warwick Motel.
The Southern Downs region has a temperate climate, with warm summers and cool winters. The average temperature in summer (December - February) ranges from 15°C to 28°C, and in winter (June - August), from 3°C to 15°C.
Visit Southern Downs
The Southern Downs region in Queensland, Australia, is a must-visit destination for those who enjoy outdoor activities, wine, and stunning landscapes. With a range of things to do and see, visitors can explore the region at their own pace and discover the beauty of Southern Downs.