Southern Downs Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Southern Downs?
Southern Downs Tourism
Tourist Attractions in and Around Southern Downs, Queensland
Located in the heart of Queensland, Southern Downs is one of the most beautiful regions of Australia. The region is home to a diverse landscape featuring rugged mountain ranges, scenic valleys, winding roads and picturesque countryside. With a rich history and heritage, Southern Downs is an ideal tourist destination for those who love nature, culture, and adventure. If you are planning to visit this region, the following are some of the top tourist attractions that you must explore.
1. Girraween National Park: Located about 260 kilometers southwest of Brisbane, Girraween National Park is a stunning place known for its unique granite formations, wildflowers, and wildlife. Visitors can hike through the park's scenic trails to explore the natural beauty of the region. The park also contains several camping grounds for those who want to stay overnight. Contact the Information Centre on (07) 4681 6371 for more information.
2. Stanthorpe: Stanthorpe is a small town known for its wineries, orchards, and gourmet food. Located about 50 kilometers south of Warwick, the town offers a unique blend of rural charm and sophistication. Visitors can explore the wineries, sample the local produce, or enjoy a relaxing picnic in the park. For more information, contact the Stanthorpe Visitor Information Centre on (07) 4681 2057.
3. Warwick: Known as the Rose and Rodeo City, Warwick is a historic town located about 130 kilometers southwest of Brisbane. The town boasts of stunning heritage buildings, beautiful parks, and a rich cultural heritage. Visitors can explore the local museums, visit the war memorials, or stroll through the town's picturesque streets. For more information, contact the Warwick Visitor Information Centre on (07) 4661 3122.
4. Killarney: Located about 32 kilometers south of Warwick, Killarney is a small town known for its stunning waterfalls and natural beauty. Visitors can explore the Queen Mary Falls, the Dagg's Falls, and the Brown's Falls to admire the majesty of these cascades. The town also offers several hiking trails and picnic areas. Contact the Killarney Visitor Information Centre on (07) 4664 1260 for more information.
5. Allora: Allora is a charming country town located about 150 kilometers southwest of Brisbane. The town is known for its historic buildings, beautiful parks, and friendly locals. Visitors can explore the local museums, visit the heritage sites, or enjoy a walk along the town's scenic streets. For more information, contact the Allora Visitor Information Centre on (07) 4666 3377.
6. Main Range National Park: Located about 160 kilometers southwest of Brisbane, Main Range National Park is a stunning place known for its rugged mountain ranges, scenic walking tracks, and breathtaking views. Visitors can explore the park's diverse flora and fauna, go hiking, or enjoy a picnic in one of the many picnic areas. The park also offers several camping grounds for overnight stays. Contact the Main Range National Park Information Centre on (07) 4697 8900 for more information.
Southern Downs is a region that has something for everyone. From the stunning natural beauty of Girraween National Park and Main Range National Park to the historic charm of Warwick and Allora, the region offers a wealth of tourist attractions that are sure to captivate visitors of all ages and interests. So, if you are planning to visit Queensland, make sure to add Southern Downs to your itinerary and experience the magic of this beautiful region.
Southern Downs Tourism Articles