Southern Downs Local Services
Southern Downs ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Southern Downs site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Southern Downs Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Southern Downs When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Southern Downs Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Southern Downs Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Southern Downs ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Southern Downs and a Place to Meet
The southerndowns.qld.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Southern Downs
Welcome to the Southern Downs, a beautiful region located in Queensland, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this stunning area that will ignite your interest.
1. The Southern Downs is home to the Granite Belt, a renowned wine region located just outside of Stanthorpe. It is famous for its delicious wines, unique climate, and picturesque vineyards.
2. The region is home to the Girraween National Park, which features massive granite boulders, stunning wildflowers, and breathtaking views. The park offers a variety of hiking trails and camping opportunities for visitors.
3. The town of Warwick is the largest town in the Southern Downs and is known for its beautiful historic buildings, including the Warwick Court House, which was built in 1888.
4. The Southern Downs is home to a variety of events and festivals throughout the year, including the Apple and Grape Harvest Festival, the Jumpers and Jazz Festival, and the Warwick Rodeo and Gold Cup Campdraft.
5. With some of the clearest skies in Australia, the Southern Downs is a fantastic destination for stargazing and astronomy enthusiasts.
6. The Condamine River, which flows through the Southern Downs, is one of the longest rivers on the Darling Downs, with a length of approximately 500 km.
7. The Southern Downs is home to a variety of wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, and possums. You may even catch a glimpse of a koala if you are lucky enough.
8. The region has a rich cultural history, with the indigenous Jagera, Giabal, and Ugarapul people's traditional lands spanning across the area.
9. Agriculture is a significant industry in the Southern Downs, with crops such as stone fruit, apples, grapes, and vegetables grown in the region.
10. The Southern Downs is home to many talented artists and musicians, and the local art galleries and museums feature stunning pieces and exhibits that highlight the region's unique culture and history.